Friday, March 4, 2011

March is here and.. we made it a bracelet!

March is here and greeks have a small tradition. On March 1st we take our mum's cotton twists (red and white) and we make a small bracelet! We do that to block sun on burning our skin. (That's what the tradition says!). After wearing this small bracelet we make a wish and we  wait to see Spring's first swallow. When we see it we put our little bracelet on a tree and we hope the swallow comes and takes it, to make our wish come true.
I did my March bracelet the other day. I didn't have red and white cotton twist so.. I made it with gray and orange. I hope it still counts! haha!




March in Greece is the last month who has a strange and cold weather. After that... Spring is here!
Did you make a ''March'' (bracelet) ?


No comments:

Post a Comment